Date: Saturday- August 21, 2010
Time: 10 pm ET/PT (Aired on Showtime)
Location: Toyota Center in Houston, Texas- U.S.A.
STRIKEFORCE World Light Heavyweight (205 pounds) Champion “King Mo” Lawal (7-0) will make the first defense of his belt against devastating striker Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante (9-2) in the main event. The semi-main will match Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza (12-2-1) and Tim Kennedy (12-2) in a clash for the vacant STRIKEFORCE Middleweight (185 pounds) crown.
In a featured, televised bout, undefeated heavyweight rising star Bobby Lashley (5-0), will return to the cage against an opponent to be announced.
Also on the televised portion of an outstanding event, former world champion KJ Noons 11-2) will face Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu blackbelt Jorge Gurgel (13-6) in a lightweight (155 pounds) match.
A special pre-sale ticket purchase opportunity for the STRIKEFORCE event will take place for “STRIKEFORCE Insider” e-newsletter subscribers. STRIKEFORCE Insiders will receive a special e-newsletter with the pre-sale code.
Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, July 16 at 10 a.m. CT at www.ToyotaCenterTix.com, by phone at 1-866-4-HOU-TIX, at select Houston area Randalls locations, and at www.strikeforce.com. Tickets will be available at 9am on Monday, July 19 at the Toyota Center Box Office.
Main Fight Card: (aired on Showtime)
- Champ Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal vs. Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante (for light heavyweight title)
- Tim Kennedy vs. Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza (for vacant middleweight title)
- Jorge Gurgel vs. K.J. Noons
- Chad Griggs vs. Bobby Lashley
Preliminary Fight Card: (may not be aired)
- Daniel Cormier vs. Jason Riley
- Andre Galvao vs. Jorge Patino
- Rocky Long vs. Vinicius “Draculino” Magalhaes
- Kier Gooch vs. Adam Schindler
- Jose Santibanez vs. Reynaldo Trujillo
- Humberto DeLeon vs. Chad Robichau
- Chad Cook vs. Arteneus Young