The new organization World Victory Road has set an official date for their first mixed martial arts event in Japan. The event will be called "Sengoku" and it will be scheduled for March 5th, 2008.
The debut of World Victory Road will feature big name stars including former UFC heavyweight champion Josh Barnett, former UFC middleweight fighter Phil Baroni, former PrideFC’s lightweight champion Takanori Gomi and many more.
Here’s how it looks like for now, but we’ll make sure to keep everyone posted with how the rest of the fight card will look like:
- Kazuo Misaki vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
- Hidehiko Yoshida vs. Josh Barnett
- Makoto Takimoto vs. Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos
- Takanori Gomi vs. Duane "Bang" Ludwig
- Ryo Kawamura vs. Antonio Braga Neto
- Fabricio Monteiro vs. Nick Thompson
- Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Peter Graham
"Sengoku" will be taking place at the National Yoyogi Stadium in Tokyo, Japan. The rules will be different compared to the rules of the UFC. World Victory Road will allow stomps and knees to the face/head when the opponent is down, while soccer kicks and elbows to the head are prohibited.
Here is official Senogoku website