The last time we heard Pat "The Croatian Sensation" Miletich was over two years ago when he was defeated by Renzo Gracia via a guillotine choke at the i Wireless Arena in Moline, Illinois. On Thursday night, Pat Miletich made his mixed martial arts (MMA) return at Adrenaline MMA 2 and took on Thomas "Wildman" Denny in the same arena. This time, the results changed in favor of the The Croatian Sensation.
The 40-year old veteran looked spectacular both on his feet and on the ground throughout the entire bout. During the first round, Miletich showed complete domination as he dropped Denny twice and out-muscled him on the ground. Once the second round started, Miletich quickly pushed the pace again. Fifty seconds later, Miletich connected with two hard fists that sent Denny to the mat for good. The referee was forced to jump in and stop the fight as Miletich celebrated a huge knockout victory. During the post-fight interview, Miletich was pleased with his performance and when asked if he’d continue fighting he mentioned two popular fighters he’d love to face.
Here’s a snip from Miletich:
"It just feels good…To be honest with you, win, lose or draw I was saying to myself
backstage, ‘I accomplished something just getting back in to the shape
I am.’ I’m an old guy, but these young guys motivate me. I love every
one of them at my gym…I’d like to fight somebody like Antonio Tarver or ‘Winky’ Wright from the boxing world."
Ben Rothwell also returned to the cage after being defeated by the former UFC heavyweight fighter Andrei "The Pitbull" Arlovski. He lost to Arlovski via a KO in the third round back in July of 2008 at the Affliction: ‘Banned’ event. Rothwell came back stronger than ever as he easily beat Chris Guillen via TKO-strikes. Here’s what he said after the fight:
"I hope everybody can appreciate the whole aspect of our sport…I’ve got to keep upping my game and bring all aspects. I have to show that I’m more than just a stand-up fighter. I love to get knockouts, but at the same time I’ve got to make sure I
can fight another day. I tried to do this in the most exciting fashion
I could. I hope you appreciate some elbows to the head."
Mike Russow also seemed to have it easy as his opponent gave in to one of his favorite submissions. Russow defeated the 22-year old Braden Bice via a north/south choke at 1:13 of the first round. Russow has been fighting top-notch fighters for quite some time now and is currently looking forward to fighting in bigger MMA organizations including the UFC, Affliction, DREAM or WVR. With a 7-fight win streak and Monte Cox as his manager, Affliction looks to possibly be his next home. Here’s what Russow had to say immediately after his submission victory:
"That’s my style, and that’s what I work hard on everyday…Keep your hands up, get in close, get the takedown and then search for the submission…We’re hoping next year is the big year…I’ve just got to keep training hard and just living my dream."
Here are the rest of the results for the Adrenaline MMA 2 event:
Main Fight Card:
- Pat Miletich defeated Thomas Denny via TKO-strikes at 0:50 of round 2
- Ben Rothwell defeated Chris Guillen via TKO-strikes at 3:40 of round 1
- Michael Russow defeated Braden Bice via a north/south choke submission at 1:13 of round 1
- Mike Ciesnolevicz defeated Derrick Mehmen via a guillotine choke submission at 1:46 of round 1.
- Dan Loman defeated Gabe Lemley via TKO-punches at 1:54 of round 2
- Ryan McGivern defeated Geno Roderick via a rear-naked choke submission at 1:27 of round 1
- Pat Curran defeated Ramiro Hernandez via a unanimous decision
Main Fight Card:
- Jesse Lennox defeated Ryan Williams via a triangle choke submission at 3:41 of round 1
- LC Davis submitted Billy Kidd via a side-choke submission at 2:52 of round 1
- Danny Rodriguez defeated Jacob Hey via a rear-naked choke submission at 1:50 of round 1