Main Fight Card Results: (aired on Fuel TV, Fox Deportes)
- Chris Weidman defeats Mark Munoz via TKO (elbow + punches) at 1:37 of round two
Weidman dominated Munoz on the ground the majority of the first round, putting Munoz into danger several times with several submission attempts. In the second round, Weidman pushed the pace again on the mat, but Munoz was able to keep the fight back up. The fight didn’t last too long on their feet as Weidman struck a vicious elbow (and one to definitely look at if you missed it) to the head of Munoz which dropped him immediately. Weidman finished him off with strikes and it was actually a very late call by referee Josh Rosenthal (it will be talked about during the post fight press conference).
Immediately after Weidman won, he called out current middleweight champion Anderson ‘The Spider’ Silva. There is nothing official yet as far as Silva’s next opponent because he’s just coming back from defeating Chael Sonnen at UFC 148. However, Weidman looks to be very close if not the next contender for the 185-pound title.
- James Te Huna defeats Joey Beltran via unanimous decision
- Aaron Simpson defeats Kenny Robertson via unanimous decision
- Francis Carmont defeats Karlos Vemola via submission (rear naked choke) at 1:39 of round two
- T.J. Dillashaw defeats Vaughan Lee via submission (rear naked choke) at 2:33 of round one
- Rafael dos Anjos defeats Anthony Njokuani via unanimous decision
Preliminary Fight Card Results:
(aired on Facebook)
- Alex Caceres defeats Damacio Page via submission (triangle) at 1:27 of round two
- Chris Cariaso defeats Josh Ferguson via unanimous decision
- Andrew Craig defeats Rafael Natal via KO (head kick) at 4:52 of round two
- Marcelo Guimaraes defeats Dan Stittgen via split decision
- Raphael Assuncao defeats Issei Tamura via TKO (strikes) at 0:25 of round two