UFC 85: "Bedlam" has come to an end and it turned
out to be an exciting event after all. Dana White was very upset coming
into this fight card due to several bout cancellations. Prior to the UFC
85 event, he stated "I can’t wait to get this card behind me, to be honest
with you. Eight guys dropped out. The main event guy can’t make weight. It’s
Although Thiago "Pitbull" Alves failed to make weight during Friday’s
weigh-ins, Matt Hughes accepted the match and the show would still go on.
Alves demonstrated much better stand-up skills than Hughes and even defended
himself well when he was taken to the ground. Tonight, the Pitbull proved
to be one of the top competitors in the welterweight division.
After Alves defeated Hughes in the second round via
TKO-strikes, he asked Dana White for a chance at the belt, "Mr. Dana
White, I’ve been a good boy. Please give me a title shot."
Hopefully his wish is granted because Thiago Alves vs. George St. Pierre
would be a must-see bout for all UFC/MMA fans around the world.
Here are the complete UFC 85: "Bedlam" results:
- Thiago Alves def. Matt Hughes via TKO (strikes) – R2 (1:02)
- Michael Bisping def.Jason Day via TKO (strikes) – R1 (3:42)
- Mike Swick def. Marcus Davis via unanimous decision
- Nate Marquardt def. Thales Leites via split decision
- Fabricio Werdum def. Brandon Vera via TKO (strikes) – R1
- Martin Kampmann def. Jorge Rivera via submission (choke) –
- Matt Wiman def. Thiago Tavares via KO (punches) – R2 (1:57)
- Kevin Burns def. Roan Carneiro via submission (triangle
choke) – R2 (2:53)
- Luiz Cane def. Jason Lambert via TKO (strikes) – R1 (2:07)
- Paul Taylor def. Jess Liaudin via split decision
- Antoni Hardonk def. Eddie Sanchez via KO (punch) – R1 (4:15)