Cage Rage 27 was held in the Wembley Arena in London, England this weekend. Phil "New York Bad Ass" Baroni headlined the main event as he took on the hometown British fighter Scott Jansen.
The New York Bad Ass came in with a game plan that worked in his favor this time as he ends his 3-fight losing streak. Baroni was able to take home the win in the first round as he knocked out Jansen with a right hook to the chin, leaving him flat on the floor for at least a minute.
Baroni’s record improves to 11-10 as it will put him right back on the board. His move from middleweight (185 lbs.) to welterweight (170 lbs.) helped him gain back some confidence as we hope to see the 32-year old MMA veteran back in the cage or ring some time soon. During the post-fight interview, it was said that Baroni may be looking to return at Cage Rage 28 in September.
Here are the rest of the Cage Rage 27 results:
- Phil Baroni defeated Scott Jansen via KO at 3:18 of Round 1
- Neil Grove defeated Robert Buzz Berry via TKO- strikes at 1:29 of Round 2
- Mustapha Al Turk defeated James McSweeney via TKO-strikes at 2:06 of Round 1
- Tom Watson defeated John Phillips via a unanimous decision
- Stav Economou defeated Piotor Kusmierz via a unanimous decision
- Robbie Olivier defeated Ashleigh Grimshaw via a rear naked choke submission at
4:01 of Round 2
- Brad Pickett defeated Cristian Binda via a guillotine submission at 2:52 of Round 2
- Aisling Daley defeated Eva Lisko via a rear naked choke submission at 1:18 of Round 1
- Jason Young defeated Francis Heagney via a unanimous decision
- Wesley Brown defeated Mark Brown via TKO- strikes at 0:31 of Round 1
- Jody Cottham defeated Umidjon Mavlyanov via a guillotine choke submission at 3:16 of
- Dave Vangasse defeated James Elson via a rear naked choke submission at 3:43 of Round 3