(photo taken from ufc.com)
The Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) released the official medical injuries and suspensions that were suffered during the UFC 91 ‘Couture vs. Lesnar’ event. Out of 18 fighters that participated at UFC 91, only two were suspended for 6 months due to precautionary reasons. Jorge Gurgel and Tamdan McCrory were the 2 unfortunate injured contenders.
Gurgel was defeated by Aaron Rile via a unanimous decision. He will be acquiring an MRI on his left shoulder and an X-ray on his right ankle. Surprisingly, McCrory who lost to Dustin Hazelett via a reverse-armbar submission, will not need to get his arm or shoulder checked out. Instead, some X-rays over his right foot and ankle will be necessary due to a slight injury he sustained during the bout.
Here are the rest of the medical injuries and suspensions suffered at the UFC 91: ‘Couture vs. Lesnar’ event:
- Brock Lesnar– suspended 30 days (right eye laceration)
- Randy Couture– suspended 60 days for precautionary reasons
- Jorge Gurgel– suspended 6 months for precautionary reasons (X-ray on right ankle, MRI on left shoulder)
- Aaron Riley– suspended 30 days for precautionary reasons
- Tamdan McCrory– suspended 6 months for precautionary reasons (X-ray on right foot and ankle)
- Josh Hendricks– suspended 30 days for precautionary reasons
- Rafael Dos Anjos– suspended 60 days for precautionary reasons
Click here for all of the UFC 91: ‘Couture vs. Lesnar’ results