The fighter salaries for the UFC 92: ‘The Ultimate 2008’ event was recently released by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC). Quinton "Rampage" Jackson was the highest paid fighter of the night. Not only did he receive the highest salary, but he pocketed an extra $60,000 USD for having the "Knockout of the Night" victory over Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva. Silva acquired $200,000 USD and absolutely no bonus pay for his knockout loss.
Antonio "Minotauro" Rodrigo Nogueira earned $250,000 USD even though he lost his interim heavyweight title to Frank Mir. Nogueira could have earned an extra $150,000 USD if he defeated Mir that night. Mir acquired $45,000 USD as his base pay and received an extra $45,000 USD for winning.
In the main event, Rashad Evans acquired a total of $190,000 USD. The amount he earned included $65,000 USD for his base pay, $65,000 USD for defeating Forrest Griffin via TKO in the third round and a bonus pay of $60,000 USD for acquiring the "Fight of the Night" award. As for Griffin, he would attain $150,000 USD win or lose. However, he would have been given an extra $100,000 USD to defend his title. Griffin did receive the $60,000 USD bonus for the "Fight of the Night" award as well.
Here are the full paydays for the UFC 92: ‘The Ultimate 2008’ event:
- Rashad Evans: $190,000 ($65,000 to show; $65,000 to win; and $60,000 “Fight Night” bonus)
- Forrest Griffin: $215,000 ($150,000 to show and $60 “Fight Night” bonus; would have earned an additional $100,000 had he won)
- Frank Mir: $90,000 ($45,000 to show and $45,000 to win)
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: $250,000 (would have earned an additional $150,000 had he won)
- Quinton Jackson: $385,000 ($225,000 to show; $100,000 to win; and $60,000 “Fight Night” bonus)
- Wanderlei Silva: $200,000 (no win bonus)
- Cheick Kongo: $90,000 ($45,000 to show and $45,000 to win)
- Yushin Okami: $32,000 ($16,000 to show and $16,000 to win)
- Antoni Hardonk: $28,000 ($14,000 to show and $14,000 to win)
- Matt Hamill: $20,000 ($10,000 to show and $10,000 to win)
- Clarence Dollaway: $20,000 ($10,000 to show and $10,000 to win)
- Dean Lister: $19,000 (would have earned an additional $19,000 had he won)
- Ryo Chonan: $18,000 (would have earned an additional $18,000 had he won)
- Reese Andy: $15,000 (would have earned an additional $15,000 had he won)
- Brad Blackburn: $14,000 ($7,000 to show and $7,000 to win)
- Patrick Barry: $10,000 ($5,000 to show and $5,000 to win)
- Mostapha Al-Turk: $7,000 (would have earned an additional $7,000 had he won)
- Mike Massenzio: $5,000 (would have earned an additional $5,000 had he won)
- Dan Evensen: $4,000 (would have earned an additional $4,000 had he won)
- Mike Wessel: $4,000 (would have earned an additional $4,000 had he won)
The total fighter pay roll for UFC 92 was $1,381,000 USD.